ATO November 2019 Bushfire Assistance
Following the devastating bushfires across large parts of NSW and Queensland in November, the ATO has offered ongoing support.
In particular, a specific helpline (1800 806 218) has been established that can be used by those impacted to seek assistance, such as to:
- obtain extra time to pay tax debt or lodge tax forms;
- obtain assistance in finding lost TFNs;
- obtain re-issued income tax returns, activity statements and notices of assessment;
- obtain assistance in re-constructing tax records that are lost or damaged;
- have any refunds owed fast tracked;
- negotiate payment plans tailored to individual circumstances (including interest-free periods); and
- negotiate the remission of penalties or interest charged during the time a taxpayer has been affected.
If you would like to discuss this please contact our office.